Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's a revolution

When I moved back to Switzerland over a year and a half now, I reconnected with old friends and met new ones. Little by little, we formed a small group of women who are very different and come from various backgrounds and professions but who all engage fully and wholeheartedly in a spiritual journey.

Over these many months, we went along our paths taking numerous classes and living many experiences: from shamanism to mediumship, angel writing to Tarot, Ayurveda to yoga, past life regressions to family constellations. If there is an esoteric or ancient mystery course I’m forgetting, add it to the list: one of us has probably taken it!

We also all engaged in meditation. At least, we all tried and did our best to incorporate a few minutes of it into our daily lives. That’s for sure the one thing we all are doing and it’s helping us stay grounded and balanced.

Like I said, it’s been months. Our friendships have tightened and our conversations have gotten deeper and deeper or weirder and weirder – depending on how you look at them!

But recently something has been happening to all of us. Quite suddenly and rather simultaneously, our main preoccupation has become how to bring spirituality or consciousness into the real world, into our everyday occupation.

Many of us separated the spiritual stuff from the everyday work; or we engaged fully on the spiritual stuff and disconnected ourselves from the “real” world. It had seemed to work out. But lately, all seems to points in the direction that separation is no longer appropriate. It is time to draw a bridge between the spiritual and the concrete. It's time to really get back to the material world!

The question in our minds is “How do I bring spirituality and consciousness to the workplace however concrete, down-to-earth and materialistic the workplace?” (I.e. construction, clinical psychology, journalism, athletics, marketing, education, etc)

And very concretely: how do I bring consciousness into my profession without scaring people away, appearing to be a woo-woo witch and most of all, how do I bring what’s helped me understand so much into my work so that I no longer compromise who I am and what I want with what I do. And that’s what’s making this question feel very present and urgent.

It’s challenging times for us all because even though the old ways of doing things no longer are fulfilling, the new ones are still obscure. It’s not quite clear how this will all become possible.

What’s clear though, is that it’s nice to be around others that live similar experiences. I’m so grateful for these friendships. And most of all, it’s exciting to experience how consciousness is infiltrating our society from various angles and through various professions. Times are changing. It’s a quiet, peaceful revolution and all of us are invited to play our part. And apparently, for my friends and I, it’s time that we join the revolution.

2 comments:

  1. Waow, génial. Ton article et vos préoccupations résonnent très fort en moi, car c'est exactement la même chose qui m'arrive depuis quelques temps : concilier la spiritualité et la vie quotidienne...... vaste programme et chemin très intéressant ! A bientôt :-) Thierry

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, my sister,
    I am so there. I, too, have met some wonderful women on my wonderful journey. My plan is to start with young women, 25 and under. The younger we are the more open we are to 'new'. I would like to eliminate the statement, "if I knew then what I know now..." I want to teach our young sisters so they know now.
    We are all Daughters of the Village. Stay tuned for more info.
    Tashi deley...I honor the greatness in you!

    ReplyDelete